Friday, April 3, 2015

Learning Curve

“I would like to apologize for what is about to happen,” she whispered, then flipped the switch.
Nothing.
“Um, looks like we’re having technical difficulties.” She snapped the switch back and forth, then batted at her wispy bangs. “Hold please.”
“Eunice!” Her employer growled. “This is the second time this month.”
“Sorry, sir,” she called from behind the machine. “Something must have happened when I oiled the parts yesterday.”
“And she came so highly recommended,” her employer moaned to the gagged man under the giant chrome prong.
“I think I’ve got it!” She flipped the switch and green slime exploded everywhere.

This short story is a part of the illustrious Flash Fiction Friday. Read the other lovely stories, spun off the prompt: “I would like to apologize to everyone for what is about to happen,” she said, then flipped the switchfrom Veiled Inspiration at the links below!



No comments:

Post a Comment