Monday, May 12, 2014

Mini Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes

Every once in a while, I feel like being creative and decide to cook something delicious. Recently I made cheesecake for the first time and it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself:



I mostly used the recipe from Taste of Home but, because I'm a cheapskate, I didn't want to buy that much cream cheese. This is my inexact recipe.

Crust:
box (gluten free) graham crackers, pulverized (I'm sure regular graham crackers would be just fine)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 c. sugar

Combine ingredients. Press into lined (or unlined, PAMed) muffin tin. Bake for five minutes at 350 degrees and let cool.

Filling:
3 (8 oz.) boxes cream cheese
2 Tb. vanilla
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter (I used the last of my world's-worst peanut butter and all I had was half a cup. I'm sure that if you're a big peanut butter fan, more would be great.)

Combine ingredients, adding chocolate chips after everything has been mixed together. Fill muffin tin with mixture almost to top. Bake until golden brown (about 30 minutes) and remove from tin.

Peanut Butter Buttercream:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. peanut butter
5 Tb. butter
3/4 tsp. vanilla

Back in April, I made peanut butter buttercream frosting for some cupcakes. I had leftovers, which is partly what inspired these cupcakes. Since the cheesecake wasn't too peanut buttery, the frosting made a delicious glaze! I swirled it on the top right after they came out of the oven!

Refrigerate over night and then chow down! (The recipe made 12 mini cheesecakes and then, instead of dirtying another muffin tin, I made the rest in two medium sized ramekins. I obviously am really good at this precise cooking thing, huh?)

I'm more of a flavored-cheesecake person, so I really liked how they turned out! I also liked the small size; they're easier to share (and store)!

So, there you go! Cheesecake tips and ideas are appreciated for my next attempts!

No comments:

Post a Comment